Monday, September 13, 2010

My Science Story

I have always liked doing fun experiments. I love doing hands on experiments and finding out what is going to happen and how it happened. I always liked science in elementary school and middle school. I took biology, environmental science, oceanography and chemistry in high school. I love nature and exploring the outdoors. Camping is so much fun and I always help my father garden flowers and tomatoes when I was younger.  We had a blueberry tree in our backyard as well.  I was a tomboy when I was younger too so I loved to play outside in the woods and explore things with them. I would get poison ivy about every other week.  I think I have become immune to it now.   :)   The one thing I do not like about nature is bugs. I like some bugs but I absolutely do not like spiders. I am terrified and that can be an issue when camping.

I look forward to learn a lot more about science and create lesson plans and teach children in a classroom setting.  I am very nervous, but I believe this class will help a lot. It will be a lot of fun and I am very excited.

4 comments:

  1. Laura, Sounds like you're a natural to be a great science teacher! Love of the outdoors is a great place to start.

    Can you post some photos of your bunny? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    Sounds like your high school offered some great science courses and that really nurtured your already enthusiastic interest with the outdoors!

    I also really like your profile pic (very apropos), where was that taken?

    SARAH ROSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... Kiwi what an adorable name for a Parrot!!

    ugh... I have more poison ivy stories than I can count! I hate that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    I believe the picture was taken at York Zoo.

    ReplyDelete